Perhaps moreso than Facebook, Twitter provides an excellent venue for boosting your business’s visibility and for gaining social media traction. On Twitter, it’s simply easier to share yourself and your content, which in turn inspires others to share your business – thus benefiting your overall SEO strategy. In order to do this, though, you’re going to need followers. To get those followers, here are some things that you can do:
- Follow Others: With a little bit of research, you should be able to determine who the influential Twitter users are in your business’s field. Find them and follow them.
- Participate in the Dialogue: Once you’ve located influential people within your industry, make the effort to participate in a dialogue with them. Not only will this inspire those influential users to follow you, but that user’s followers might follow suit as well.
- See What’s Trending: You can also boost your business’s profile by participating in the dialogue surrounding trending topics. Just be sure to understand the trending topic before you weigh in.
- Include Your Twitter Handle on Your Website: Make it easy for people that visit your website to find your Twitter account. If you’re using WordPress, there are a variety of plugins that will put your Twitter posts directly on your homepage.
- Include Your Twitter Handle Elsewhere: If you send out email newsletters, for example, make sure that you’re providing readers with a link to your Twitter feed. The same goes for other social media accounts you might have.
By following the above tips, you should be able to increase the number of followers your business has on Twitter. Just remember that it’s a marathon and not a sprint; building a large follower base is going to take some time.