The Santa Barbara Artist Directory has officially launched:
This is a new searchable online directory that is open to all artists who reside in Santa Barbara County. It’s a quick, affordable, and easy way for an artist to create an online presence and immediately market your work.
Here’s what one of our members had to say:
“It looks fabulous! Great design and idea. Pretty user-friendly too. It will be a great asset for the SB artistic community.”
The home page has a unique, scrollable tile that lets you browse new artists at a glance. The home page also includes thumbnails about featured artists with a link to their profile.
You can also search the artist database. The advanced search features let you filter different attributes, such as the media type or artistic genre.
The site is also responsive. It’s possible to view the entire site on your tablet or smartphone device.
The Santa Barbara's Artist directory's mission is to:
- Promote the local artists (Santa Barbara County) by increasing their exposure on the web and creating local, national and global recognition.
- To maintain the website with images of each artist's artwork and a link to their website when applicable.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO): Optimize the Santa Barbara Artist Directory to give maximum exposure to the participating members.
- Develop publicity for the website at local galleries, art shows, art related stores, museums and foundations.
The annual membership fee is only $26. As a member, you can create a member profile that will be viewed by the public with a short bio and samples of your work featured on your own page. In order to become a member, You must live in Santa Barbara County.
Signup is easy. You only need to fill out the essential information on the member profile page to sign up; you can always return later to update details. You may choose which fields to share with the public and which information you wish to remain private.
- The website is an optimized searchable online directory divided into different Art disciplines/ mediums.
- You can load your artwork into albums so that art buyers can view your work.You may upload as many images as you like. The file format for each image needs to be either a JPEG, PNG OR TIFF. Each image should not exceed 10 MB. You may create as many albums as you like and update them when you need to.
- You can also link to your web site or social media pages. And by clicking on the button you can post a link to your profile from your favorite social media profile so your friends, family, and colleagues can view your profile. You also have control over who sees your information.
- At the same time, we promote the site and our members on the search engines. We are also promoting the directory around town at local galleries and art shows. You can enhance your exposure on the web, create recognition and sales opportunities for your work.
- As a member, you also qualify for a discounted rate on a website.
We promote local artists in Santa Barbara County by increasing their exposure on the web and creating local, national and global recognition.