Following up from last week, it's not enough to have a Facebook page for your business; you need to tend to it as well. Having an effective Facebook page shows that you're engaged with your customers. Those who are new to social media sometimes don’t know the best way to go about this, so here are some guidelines that I recommend for your Facebook business page.
- Update Regularly: Just as you would keep your business’s website active, so too should you keep your Facebook page active. Post informative content regularly with your followers in mind.
- Engage Your Followers: Speaking of your followers, remember that this is social media and having a Facebook page provides an opportunity for direct interaction. If you care about your customers, then interact with them.
- Stay Neutral: How many times have you read a story about a business getting into trouble on Facebook? Most often, it’s because they chose to take sides on a divisive issue. Be neutral, especially with anything that has the faintest whiff of controversy. Careless remarks can spread like wildfire.
- Track Your Metrics: Facebook offers Page Insights once you gather at least 25 Likes, which is a powerful and robust tool for your tracking any and all metrics relating to your business’s Facebook page. Check it out by clicking “Insights” at the top of your business’ page.
- Consider Advertising: Facebook offers a powerful system for targeted advertising. After you’ve gotten some wind behind your Facebook sails, make sure that you look into it.
By following the above guidelines, you can be assured of getting the very most out of your business’s Facebook page. Even if you doubt the efficacy of having a Facebook presence for your business, if you go about it the right way, you’ll quickly find that it can be an incredibly powerful tool in your overall marketing and SEO strategy.